Raffle baskets are the perfect solution for nonprofits that want to sell a large number of raffle tickets and generate easy revenue for their event.
Whether you auction off baskets in a silent auction or raffle them off Chinese Auction style with tickets, raffle baskets definitely give attendees the biggest bang for their buck.
Also, by working directly with sponsors, donors, and vendors, your team can actually procure raffle baskets for a low overhead, allowing more of the proceeds to go directly to your cause and towards your goals.
One of the hardest things about hosting a charity fundraiser is knowing what kind of raffle items will stand out for attendees and drive raffle ticket sales. A best practice is to research your attendee audience, looking at past raffle sales and auction item interest, to determine what they’ve historically been willing to bid on.
We’ve come up with 20 fool-proof ideas for raffle baskets, regardless of your budget, that are sure to attract attention and help fuel success. Let this guide get your creative juices flowing!
Raffle Basket Ideas: 20 Ideas for Every Event
Here’s a few of the best raffle basket ideas. Be sure to combine them with a solid auction plan to drive success.
1. Travel Package Basket: Travel packages are a must for any high-end fundraiser, and luckily they’re easily adaptable to raffle baskets. All it takes to create a travel basket format is a:
These baskets are also great for promotion and pre-event coverage as they’re sure to bring in the right kind of attendees.
2. Ticket Basket: Another big-ticket raffle basket is the ticket basket. While some fundraisers only donate tickets to a single sporting event, it could be fun to up the ante and combine all your ticket donations together.
This could go a long way in driving bids, especially since you could have some big-name events (aka the Superbowl or US Open) sharing a bid number.
3. Membership Basket: Membership baskets are great for school fundraisers or those geared towards attendees with small children. They are generally easy to bundle, as nonprofits often have a variety of membership items to choose from.
Be sure to include the following popular Membership items in your raffle basket:
With so many options, this basket is perfect for attendees who don’t want to get bored with their winnings.
4. Staycation Basket: Staycation baskets have moved from the ‘Popular’ list to the Must Have list for a few reasons. First, everyone needs a staycation, making these raffle baskets a hit at school fundraisers, nonprofit events, and really any fundraiser.
You can tailor your staycation raffle basket to the wants of your audience, so no two baskets are alike.
And finally, if you’re working with the right vendors to donate a local hotel room, meal voucher, and event tickets, then it doesn’t have to be too expensive to provide an amazing experience.
These popular items alongside a good procurement strategy will help your fundraising generate maximum proceeds.
5. Wine Basket: Wine baskets are a mainstay in traditional nonprofit fundraisers because there is so much you can do with them.
Here’s a few popular wine raffle basket ideas to include in your offering:
Most people like to drink nice wine, making it the perfect raffle basket for your nonprofit fundraiser.
6. Sports Basket: The sports raffle basket is always a popular one because we all love, or know someone who loves sports.
Here’s how to create the ultimate sports basket sure to attract the ultimate bidding. Include:
Needless to say, this makes sports raffle baskets incredibly popular and a huge draw for raffle attendees no matter what team they root for!
7. Spa Basket: Spa baskets are fun, easy, and appeal to a variety of different bidders.
From fancy bath oils and at-home facial tools to in-person massages and meditation sessions, this is a great raffle item for those in any stage of a relationship.
Plus, because it’s a raffle basket, you can add in the physical items like bath salts and luffas alongside a spa certificate for a truly well-rounded charity basket.
8. Movie Night Basket: Movie nights are always a hit, and movie night raffle baskets at a raffle auction are even more so.
To make the most out of your movie basket, please include:
Getting creative and adding a few unique baskets will take your raffle strategy to new heights!
9. Date Night Basket: Most fundraisers offer some kind of date night raffle basket that involves a romantic night out on the town.
One way to mix this concept up and put a unique spin on the idea is to offer a date night in basket.
To make your Date Night raffle basket a hit, try to include items that help set a romantic mood. Think:
To really up the ante, include a private cooking class so the winners can make a romantic dinner on their date night in.
10. Craft Liquor Basket: Craft liquor baskets are all the rage. You can your raffle basket offerings step further by turning a simple liquor basket into the ultimate in craft beverages – sure to please all connoisseurs,
How? It’s easy! Provide a selection of different kinds of whiskey, bourbons, vodkas and other boutique spirits and you have the makings of a raffle basket winner! Add craft beverage recipes, glassware, and mixer fixings to round out your high-end selection.
Your team can either procure all your bottles from the same sponsor (such as a liquor store) or ask individual supporters to donate one or two bottles and them combine them into a basket before the event.
11. Pet Lover Basket: If there’s one thing modern society can agree on it’s that we love our pets! So why not capitalize on our shared admiration of our furry friends with a pet focused raffle basket.
A pet basket should include a variety of must-have dog and cat items, including:
If you have a local pet store in the area, see if they would be willing to donate the entire raffle basket in exchange for sponsorship!
12. Game Night Basket: Game night raffle baskets are a fun, unique way to provide raffle winners with hours of fun and excitement in a single box.
Ask volunteers, board members, staff or donors to donate a bunch of popular games and you have an easy and incredibly popular raffle basket idea.
Think Twister, Jenga, Monopoly, and Sorry are just a few of the more traditional board games you can add in alongside newer card games. Game night baskets can also be procured relatively easily from sponsors.
It’s important to stay economical with raffle baskets to ensure you boost fixed price proceeds.
13. Gift Card Basket: Gift card baskets are a cheap and easy way to give attendees different options within a single raffle basket. This is an easy and effective way to put to use all those gift card donations you’ve compiled!
By working with local restaurants, retailers, and other businesses in your area, you can create a beautiful raffle basket that people will actually want to bid on.
Look through your donated gift cards and assemble items that have wide appeal:
When asking local businesses for gift cards, remind them of the business that stands to come into their store from the winner: it’s a win/win for all sides!
14. Subscription Basket: Subscription raffle baskets are a great last-minute idea for fundraisers that don’t want to break the bank.
Your procurement team can gather up a slew of subscription certificates for a single basket, or separate them out into separate baskets with supplemental offerings, like movie snacks or a bottle of wine.
On the cheaper side are entertainment streaming services like Hulu or Netflix, which retail for $5 to $15 a month. You can also get a little fancier with wine clubs and meal service kits, which tend to be a bit more expensive.
15. Lottery Ticket Basket: Lottery ticket baskets are a gift that keeps on giving.
Lottery ticket raffle baskets can be as cheap or as expensive as you want (props if your team goes all out on a Powerball ticket!) and, when arranged in an engaging way can look like a fun way to spend a few bucks!
Plus, because the winner of this raffle basket stands to win an undefined amount of money, many fundraiser attendees see bidding on a lottery ticket basket as a sure way to offset their ticket spend.
16. Handy Helper Basket: The best kind of inexpensive raffle basket is the free kind, which makes handy helper baskets such a treat.
All you need is a person from your organization (or outside your organization) to auction off their handyperson services for the day.
Typical items and services included in the handy helper raffle basket include:
Raffles are perfect for schools and the ideas are endless for school fundraising success.
17. School’s Out for Summer Basket: Most school fundraisers involve parents alongside teachers and administrators.
Whether you’re hosting your school fundraiser in the summer or fall, a summer fun raffle basket it ideal for families with children. They are also fairly easy to assemble.
The following items make a great School’s Out raffle basket:
18. Outdoor Fun Basket: Another great family-focused raffle basket for school fundraisers is the outdoor fun basket.
This one is perfect for schools with mild climates where kids are outdoors a lot.
Chalk, yard games, bubble machines, craft sets, and even out-of-the-box items like cotton candy makers can all go in to making your outdoor fun basket one of the most sought-after raffle items at your event.
19. School Perks Basket: This is a unique raffle basket item because it varies from school to school based on the rules and regulations.
But every school has unique activities, places or traditions that attendees will die and vie for. School perks baskets can include:
Think of the fun items that make your school and community special and load up that raffle basket!
20. Teacher’s Pet Basket: While this basket is aimed for teachers, students and parents can also bid on the teacher’s pet basket to gift as a thank-you or random act of kindness.
This basket contains everything a teacher needs to create a fun, engaging learning environment for students.
Because many teachers have to purchase school supplies out of their own pockets, this basket will provide them with basics like crayons, markers, and scissors, along with more exciting items like poster board letters, glitter, and the like.
Raffle baskets have become a go-to auction type for many nonprofits. They’re fun, engaging, and provide your attendees with plenty of opportunity to win. If planned correctly and promoted right, raffle baskets can be a driving force behind your revenue numbers.